Thursday, June 25, 2009

Time Track Thursday Quick Tip


Today's Quick Tip: Use A Timer

I have a $5 kitchen timer that has proved itself to be more useful in my studio than the kitchen. Here are two examples:
  1. When I have 30 minutes budgeted for Twitter, I set the timer and read and reply to tweets for only 30 minutes. It helps me avoid getting sucked into the black hole that leads to time wasting, and I can snap back to my agenda when the timer goes off.
  2. I hate cleaning my studio! But I am much more productive when I can find all the things I need easily, and I don't have to worry about my dog ruining projects that have a temporary home on the floor. I set the timer for 1 hour, clean like crazy, then stop. I do this maybe 2 times/week and that's all it takes! I have successfully avoided the monthly meltdown and all day cleaning sessions.
I hope this is a useful quick tip. Please leave a comment if you plan on trying this, and/or if it works for you. Thanks!

No comments: