Thursday, May 21, 2009

Time Track Thursday #1


Time management is something many of us crafty business owners struggle with. We are our own marketing departments, photographers, accountants, bloggers, copy editors, sales reps, and the creator behind all of our products. Most of us have day jobs and/or children to attend to as well. So how can we possibly fit it all in?

That is the topic I'm going to discuss every Time Track Thursday, because it is the top issue I struggle with. I want to make the most of every 24 hours, and by doing so all of my "departments" will have the amount of attention they deserve. I hope you will join me on my journey through The 25 Best Time Management Tools and Techniques: How to Get More Done Without Driving Yourself Crazy by Pamela Dodd.

This week I started small. I began writing down all the important things I want to do in the day, and during the week. I also began implementing Timothy Adam's post it note tip. Last night, I stuck a post it note to the bottom of my computer screen. I had 2 things I wanted to get done today and if I only accomplished those 2 things I could still call it a productive day.
  1. Use random number generator to pick the winners from my show raffle and online giveaway, then email the winners.
  2. Write post #1 for Time Track Thursday.
Focusing is the key. I chose the most important things, and I have both items accomplished by 9am. Now I can move on to the other things on my daily and weekly lists!

1 comment:

flapjacs said...

Hi Mandi
Thanks for popping into my blog.
Yours is great, it's fantastic to see how you are putting all your Etsy Secrets into effect. I love this time track section.
Jacqui
Mee a Bee